Historical Events Happening at the Same Time!
You might find these hard to believe, but they’re true, according to a post by Ranker.com.
- The Fax Machine Was Invented The Same Year The First Wagon Crossed the Oregon Trail (1843)
- NASA Was Exploring Space By The Time Scientists Could Agree On Plate Tectonics (1965)
- Woolly Mammoths Were Still Alive While Egyptians Were Building The Pyramids (2660 BCE)
- You Could Take The London Underground To The Last Public Hanging In The UK (1868)
- Prisoners Arrived At Auschwitz Just Days After McDonald’s Was Founded (1940)
- The Ottoman Empire Existed The Second To Last Time The Chicago Cubs Won The World Series (1908)
- Nintendo Was Founded When Jack the Ripper Was Still On The Loose (1889)
- By The Time The Pilgrims Made It To Plymouth Rock, There Was A ‘Palace of the Governors’ In New Mexico
- Star Wars Came Out The Same Year As The Last Guillotine Execution In France (1977)
- Swiss Women Got The Right To Vote The Same Year The US Drove A Buggy On The Moon (1971)
- Microsoft Was Founded While Spain Was Still A Fascist Dictatorship (1975)
- The Brooklyn Bridge Was Being Built During The Battle Of Little Bighorn (1876)
- Orville Wright Was Still Alive When Hiroshima And Nagasaki Were Bombed (1945)
- Ecstasy Was Invented The Same Year The Titanic Sank (1912)
- Oxford University Existed For Hundreds Of Years Before The Aztec Empire Was Founded (1428)
- Buffalo Bill Cody Was Alive At The Same Time The Germans Were Bombing With Zeppelins (1916)
Being a technical guy, my personal favorite is about Nintendo and Jack the Ripper. Amazing that so many of these events coincided with each other, showing a vast disparity between progress in different areas of the world.